Ten Winners Announced in the entrepreneurship@AO Program
By Andrea Wahbe on Feb 29, 2012 / Categories: CDMN News, Featured
Accelerate Okanagan has announced the ten technology startups that have been selected from among 29 applicants to participate in the organization’s newly-launched entrepreneurship@AO Program. The Top 10 have been announced following a “Pitch-Off” round, which took place in Kelowna on Thursday, February 23, 2012.
Created in partnership with BCIC, entrepreneurship@AO is a comprehensive 12-month program designed to support and nurture early-stage technology companies from product concept to market entry. entrepreneurship@AO is one of six entrepreneurship@ programs developed by BCIC to launch and grow new, sustainable technology companies in BC.
The “Top 10” include:
- Trajectory Design Automation (Kelowna)
- Moteas (Kelowna)
- Ducharme Service Management (Kelowna)
- Niivv (Kelowna)
- KeepMii (Kelowna)
- UnityJDBC (Kelowna)
- MathToons (Kelowna)
- Cadent Computing (Penticton)
- MG Electronics (Penticton)
- Factor9 Sports (Penticton)
Each company accepted into the program will receive:
- One-year’s enrolment in Accelerate Okanagan’s flagship Venture Acceleration Program, offering support from a team of Venture Advisors with a wide range of entrepreneurial and technology sector expertise; access to bi-weekly business clinics; participation in workshops, seminars and skills development programs; and critical connections provincially, nationally and internationally.
- Access to free shared office space at Accelerate Okanagan’s Innovation Centre’s in Kelowna and Penticton.
Benefits of the entrepreneurship@AO program include:
- Accelerated time-to-market and time-to-revenue for early-stage technology start-ups
- Capital efficiency: with access to shared resources and office space
- Fostered company growth
- Structured programming designed to minimize risk and accelerate growth
- Support, guidance and mentorship from Accelerate Okanagan’s Venture Advisors and professional program and service partners.
“BCIC is pleased to support the BC Jobs Plan through the creation of the newest entrepreneurship@ program in BC,” said Mark Payne, Acting CEO of BCIC. “We look forward to seeing the outcomes generated by the companies accepted into entrepreneurship@AO, including jobs and further benefits to the already vibrant and growing technology sector in the Okanagan.”
“We were very impressed by the quality of the opportunities received,” said Jeff Keen, Acting CEO of Accelerate Okanagan. “This demonstrates the high level of innovation that exists in the Okanagan technology community.”
According to Keen: “The entrepreneurship@AO initiative forms part of Accelerate Okanagan’s overall program offering for technology entrepreneurs and startups looking to start, accelerate and grow.”
The entrepreneurship@AO Program will formally launch on March 1, 2012.
Learn more about entrepreneurship@AO at: http://www.accelerateokanagan.com/programs/entrepreneurshipatao/.