Startup Canada Kicks-Off a Six Month Nationwide Tour
By Andrea Wahbe on Mar 14, 2012 / Categories: CDMN News, Featured
Calling all entrepreneurs! Join Startup Canada on the road and play your part in building a startup nation.
Starting on Monday, March 19th, Startup Canada is kicking-off a six month nationwide tour to engage and inspire communities across Canada to get creative about identifying the challenges facing entrepreneurs and the community-fueled solutions that can help us work together to overcome them.
Startup Canada wants to get Canadians excited about entrepreneurship and celebrate successful Canadian entrepreneurs who are achieving amazing results throughout our country and on the global stage.
The cross-Canada tour will offer:
- A platform to engage 25,000 Canadians through 30 Town Halls and 100 Fringe events spanning every province;
- An entrepreneurial showcase featuring 250 of the most impressive, successful, and impassioned entrepreneurs sharing their success stories;
- A community-fueled exploration of the entrepreneurial challenges facing Canadians, and the development of creative solutions to solve these challenges collaboratively;
- A newly created online dashboard for entrepreneur’s to refer to and become engaged with;
- Media buzz across the country for the campaign and the partners involved – looking to engage the public about start-ups, and profile entrepreneur’s from the region; and
- An actionable white paper that will be presented to the Prime Minister’s office to assist in creating a 3-5 year plan for innovation support by the government.
CDMN is proud to be a National Community Sponsor of Startup Canada. If you want to participate in the 30-stop tour, or watch the Town Hall meetings live online, visit the Startup Canada National Tour website for more information about meeting locations and dates.
Let’s get it started Canada!