Register Today for the Road to Banff Venture Forum Pitch Off at Canada 3.0
By Andrea Wahbe on Mar 14, 2012 / Categories: CDMN News, Featured
The Canadian Digital Media Network and The Banff Venture Forum are proud to host the second annual Road to Banff Venture Forum Pitch Off taking place on April 24th and 25th in Stratford, Ontario as part of Canada 3.0.
The competition is open to early stage ICT, life sciences and clean tech companies with annual revenues of less than $5 million and outside funding less than $2.5 million. 100 startups from across Canada will be selected to compete but only three winners, one for each category, will be named.
“Besides winning the top spot amongst 50 technology companies from across Canada, the Canada 3.0 event gave us a great opportunity to showcase our Audience Engagement Platform to a large network of media veterans, which significantly fast-tracked the company’s traction,” says last year’s pitch off competition winner Jesse Moeinifar, founder and CEO of Toronto startup Viafoura.
How to participate
This year, there are three ways to participate in the Road to Banff program:
- An individual entry fee of $95.00 per person which includes participation in the contest, plus the full Canada 3.0 conference pass;
- A team entry fee of $150.00 (for a maximum of three people) which includes which includes participation in the contest, plus the full Canada 3.0 conference pass;
- A team entry fee of $250.00 (for two people,) which includes participation in the contest, the full Canada 3.0 conference pass, plus a trade show pod.
Even if your company is just getting started, there are many benefits to registering for the pitch off contest:
- Learn how to effectively pitch your business at a workshop prior to the contest
- Opportunity to meet and pitch to potential investors
- Receive valuable feedback from judges
- Take home a video of your pitch to help you improve your skills
- Attend a networking session to meet potential partners
- Raise awareness of your business at the conference
- A chance to win cash prizes to spend on services that will drive your business forward
What you can win
The winners in each of the three categories will receive an all-expenses paid trip to the Banff Venture Forum. The trip and conference fees will be paid for by the Canadian Digital Media Network and Communitech. At the Banff Venture Forum, the finalists will attend a one-day workshop where they will be introduced to potential investors and paired up with a VC mentor for the conference.
The runner-ups will receive up to $2,500 cash to spend with a variety of professional firms for services such as IP work, SRED claims, marketing design, and more.
You can register for the Road to Banff pitch off contest by visiting
http://www.roadtobanff.ca and selecting the appropriate category in which you would like to participate.