Information Communication Technology Council (ICTC)
FocusInformation and Communications Technology (ICT)
ICTC is a trusted source of insight and a leader for change and innovation, addressing talent and human resource requirements in the Canadian ICT sector. Partnering with varied stakeholders including government, industry and educators, the Council works to foster a prepared, diverse and highly educated ICT industry and workforce. Squarely focused on resourcing the digital economy, ICTC engages in strategic partnerships that help develop the quantity and quality of ICT professionals needed to maintain and enhance Canada’s position as a leader in the global market place.
To achieve these goals, ICTC focuses on five main areas:
- Labour Market Intelligence: Providing authoritative research, commissioned studies, trusted labour force
statistics and insightful analysis of human resource trends and issues in the ICT sector.
- Standards and Certifications: Offering national standards for ICT occupations in Canada using ICT Competency
Profiles and other human resource reference tools.
- Career Pathways: Providing programs and tools to explore career possibilities in Canada’s ICT sector
and presenting an accurate picture of the sector’s diverse work environment.
- Immigration Initiatives: Integrating internationally educated professionals (IEPs) to better meet
the ICT sector’s talent requirements and promote diversity.
- Partnerships: Working with key partners and stakeholders from across the Canadian ICT sector to identify
issues and develop solutions to human resource supply challenges.