ICTC invites you to participate in its Canada-wide workshops to create competency profiles for the key priority occupations
By Linda Forrest on Sep 10, 2012 / Categories: Blog, Partners
The following post originally appeared on the ICTC blog and is posted here with permission.
The Information and Communication and Technology Council (ICTC) has commenced a new initiative: HR Capacity for Digital Media. This exciting initiative is designed to help position Canada as a global leader in the digital economy by supporting industry’s efforts to develop a highly skilled and competitive Digital Media (DM) workforce.
There are many reasons why you will want to participate in these workshops:
- Contribute to the development of Digital Media sector in Canada;
- Great opportunity for professional development and networking;
- Workshops are being offered in different cities; see if your city is listed!
- Admission is free, and reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed;
- Get a chance to win an iPad or one of the other 8 prizes.
Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) will be tasked to share their knowledge and expertise on specific occupations where they will identify job descriptions, key activities and tasks.
The list of Digital Media verified priority occupations are:
- Digital Media Strategist
- Digital Media Developer
- Digital Media Designer
- Digital Media Content Creator (writer)
- Digital Media Content Creator (Artist)
- Digital Media Rights and Intellectual Property Manager
- Digital Media Analytics Manager
- Digital Media Architect and Integrator
- Digital Media Business Developer and Manager
- Digital Media Project Manager
How Do I Register?
Workshops will be held in the fall of 2012. To register for a workshop in your city, please click here.
For more information on the Digital Media Workshops please contact us at: email@example.com or call us at
613-237-8551 ext. 130.