StartUp Canada LIVE – Bridging the Financial Literacy Gap
Ottawa, Ontario / March 4, 2013
In partnership with Intuit, BRIDGING THE FINANCIAL LITERACY GAP is the first event of the Startup Canada 2013 LIVE Series, delving more deeply into issues to advance Canadian entrepreneurship.
BRIDGING THE FINANCIAL LITERACY GAP is a conversation with leading experts within the Canadian financial literacy community on trends, challenges, opportunities and tools to advance the financial literacy agenda in Canada to cultivate a large and healthy crop of early-stage startups to produce major high-growth companies with a more ambitious global reach that can be anchors in their communities.
March 4, 2013
10:30am – 12:30pm
Registration opens at 10:00am
Ottawa * Location TBA
- Rick Spence, Entrepreneur Columnist at the National Post (Moderator)
- Sophia Leong, Director of the Telfer EMBA & Startup Canada Advisor
- Maxime Bernier, Minister of State for Small Business
- Jeff Cates, CEO of Intuit Canada
- Garry Rabbior, President of the Canadian Foundation for Economic Education
- Lance Laking, Investment Director at the MaRS Investment Accelerator Fund.
- Julia Deans, CEO of the Canadian Youth Business Foundation
Three entrepreneurs will pitch their solutions to the problem of
“Bridging the Financial Literacy Gap” and one will be provided with the Intuit Financial Literacy Startup Award.
Start / March 4, 2013
Time / 8:00 am
Organizer / Startup Canada
Venue / Location TBA
Address / , Ottawa, Ontario, Canada Google Map
Cost / Free