Apply by August 10th to Participate in a CEIM Workshop on Breaking Into U.S. and International Markets
By Andrea Wahbe on Aug 1, 2012 / Categories: CDMN News, Featured
Is your startup ready to expand into the U.S. and international markets? If so, CDMN node Centre d’entreprises et d’innovation de Montréal (CEIM) is offering six Canadian technology companies the opportunity to participate in a six-month personalised workshop led by Mike Grandinetti BS Eng., MBA – a successful serial entrepreneur, experienced coach and international marketing and business development expert.
Workshops include videotaped pitching sessions with each entrepreneur to benchmark and measure progress through the program. Each company will have a minimum of two and a half hours of intensive, one-on-one coaching tailored to needs of the individual company preceded by specific exercises and instructions to maximise their impact.
All applications are due by August 10th for the program, which begins on Tuesday, October 16, 2012, in Montréal.
What you will learn
Mike Grandinetti will teach participants how to accelerate success in export markets. His highly interactive workshop uses current case studies of startup companies employing best practices. The workshops will provide information on how to:
- Achieve strategic clarity in targeting customers, strategic partners and industry influencers in the international market;
- Validate your value proposition with domestic customers and leverage it to other markets;
- Fine-tune and adapt your elevator pitch for your international targets: customers, strategic partners, investors;
- Apply practical techniques of effective international marketing; and
- Gain access to key members of US and global early stage networks.
About Mike Grandinetti
As CXO, Mike Grandinetti has helped lead five venture-backed companies to successful exits, including two NASDAQ IPOs and five trade sales. He was Chief Marketing Officer for Virtual Iron Software which was acquired by Oracle and Chief Marketing Officer for Yantra, acquired by AT&T. As CMO, he co-led Raptor Systems successful NASDAQ IPO roadshow, and helped them achieve their ranking as Fastest Growing US Software company. He also contributed to Viewlogic’s NASDAQ IPO and $500M acquisition as well as to Connected’s acquisition by Iron Mountain. He has deep experience coaching Quebec early stage IT startups across a number of programs. You can read his complete biography here.
Criteria to apply
In order to qualify for admission, your startup must be:
- A business in technology, in operation for five years or less;
- At an early stage of commercialisation (0 to $ 1.5 M annual sales); and
- Have a high potential for success in the U.S. and possibly overseas.
Please note that registration is limited to six companies, so send in your application early. To learn more about the workshop, please visit CEIM’s website.